Presentation to Gillie Summers
50 years of Voluntary Service to the Pony Club
Picture shows Mary Tuckett (Chair of the Pony Club ), Gillie Summers and Meg Green (Area 5 Rep).
Gillie Summers began her voluntary work for the PC back in 1953(Coronation Year !) with the Burton Cheshire Forest Branch of the PC. She became DC in 1970 and was one of, if not the youngest DC in the country and stayed in office until 1976. She then had a break and was back as DC from 1981 until 1987.
- In 1986 she started the Area 5 Tetrathlon Committee.
- In 1988 she was Chief Steward for the very first Novice Championships.
- She was awarded the 20+ Cubitt in its first year of existence.
- She became Area 5 Rep in 1984 until 2001. Always a person who demands respect, loves the Pony Club and has a wicked sense of humour.
- 1989 became Chairman of the main PC HQ Tetrathlon Committee and remained so until she retired.
- 1995 Gillie chaperoned the British Tetrathlon Team to America/Canada.
- During her time as Area 5 Rep, she introduced Windsor Show to Tetrathlon!
- Gillie was instrumental in starting the Young Instructors in Area 5
- Area 5 was the first to have an Associates’ Camp under her guidance.
- In her 82nd year and still passionate about the Pony Club, she attended the Annual PC Conference this year in Aintree.
THANK YOU GILLIE.
Congratulations to the Wales and Borders team which came 2nd in the recent Tetrathlon at Royal Windsor, and especially to Freddie Ashworth of Cheshire Hunt South who was second individually and won the run.
The standard was very high with barely any faults in the show jumping, which took place in front of a much bigger crowd than we usually have for tetrathlon events.
Please find the attached schedule and entry form for the CHS and Waen Y Llyn Area show jumping 2016 at the bottom of this post. Please note the venue , we will post and email directions , along with approximate class times and running orders after the close of entries.
Many thanks Liz Boothroyd
- Hadley Moss Farm, Mill Lane, Little Budworth, Cheshire.
- CW6 9DD kind permission of Nick & Sarah Brookes.
- Sunday June 26th
Entries close Saturday June 18th.
Contact number on day of event: Mobile 07711 626865
- Entries secretary: Liz Boothroyd
- The Gables
Ffordd y Blaenau
Mold CH7 4NS
01352 771215 or 07778 930946
Refreshments will be available
CHESHIRE SHIELD HORSE TRIALS AND AREA 5 QUALIFIER – SATURDAY 2nd JULY 2016 – SOMERFORD PARK FARM
Please find attached the schedule and entry form for the above event. I have also attached some information regarding 3rd party/public liability insurance which I trust you will find helpful together with a Frequently Asked Questions sheet
I would draw your attention to the fact that this year’s event is, for the second year running, on a SATURDAY, NOT Sunday as many of you have been used to.
This year the event not only includes the 2015 Area 5 qualifier but also, for the first time, the Area 4 qualifier. For this reason we expect entries from Pony Club member’s to be significantly higher. Inevitably this means that capacity for non-Pony Club members will be much reduced. However, we are still accepting entries from non-Pony Club riders and we will do our very best to accommodate as many as possible. It is therefore expected that the demand for places will be even higher this year and entries will need to be submitted as early as possible.
Once again, those Pony Club Branches wishing to enter teams are able to leave team selection almost until the last minute. All riders/branches should submit entries for individuals by the closing date of MONDAY 20th JUNE and team selection from those individual entries does not need to be notified (by email would be preferred) until MONDAY the 27TH JUNE.
It is important, however, that ALL RIDERS HAVE ENTERED BY THE 20th JUNE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE TO BE INCLUDED IN A TEAM.
Please use a separate entry form for each rider/horse combination entry .
I do hope to be able to communicate with all competitors by email and keep them up-dated with event information from time to time, so please try to include a LEGIBLE (to me!) email address. If you don’t have a personal email address, try to arrange to use that of a friend who will pass on news.
- Show Jumping/XC
- Levels 3/4/5
- Kelsall Hill
- May 29th
- with Pat Crann
- Cost £30
Apply by email to Meg on firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Gate Farm, Delamere Rd, Norley WA66NF
May 31st 2016 from 18.00 till 20.30
This year’s syllabus – Horse and Rider Suppleness ….
£5.00 Book your place – email@example.com
Please circulate/pass to Coaches in your Branch even if they have already attended a CPD as ALL coaches must attend at least one every two years and no two CPD evenings will be the same.
Sunday May 22nd 2016
Plas Uchaf, Glan Conwy, LL28 5PD
- Rosettes to sixth in all classes
- The Gwil Hughes Memorial Trophy
Download the schedule here
Entry forms available on the day on the showground!