Foxes Riding School, Badgers Rake Lane, Ledsham, Wirral, CH66 8PF
Sunday 23rd July 2017
Entry Fee: £20 per competitor
- Class 4 Pony Club Grassroots Dressage Test 2016 (Area 5 Grassroots team (only) qualifier)
- Class 3 Pony Club Novice Dressage Test 2009 (Area 5 Novice team and individual qualifier)
- Class 2 Pony Club Intermediate Test 2013 (Area 5 Intermediate team and individual qualifier)
- Class 1 Pony Club Open Dressage Test 2015 (Area 5 Open team and individual qualifier)
Additional Warm Up Competitions ( Open to all PC members and non PC Competitors)
Tests can be commanded in classes 5 & 6.
Entry Fee: £16 per competitor per class.
- Class 5 Pony Club Introductory Dressage Test 2007
- Class 6 Pony Club Intermediate Eventing Test 2015
*See www.pcuk.org for rules. The Judges decision is final.
Sash to 1st place – rosettes to 10th place grassroots and 6th place in other classes. Rosette for best turned out and best Junior under 12.
Entries : Via Horsemonkey or cheque payable to BCFHPC after 05.06.2017 to Mrs Nicky Fryer, 6 Threos Close, Connahs Quay, Deeside Flintshire CH5 4GT
Tel: 07984 191 607 Entries close on 14th July 2017.
More details: Area5 PONY CLUB DRESSAGE SCHEDULE
Please find attached the schedule and entry form for the above event. I have also attached some information regarding 3rd party/public liability insurance which I trust you will find helpful together with a Frequently Asked Questions sheet
This year the event includes not only the 2017 Area 4 and Area 5 Championship qualifiers but also, for the first time, the Area 4 and Area 5 Regional Championships qualifier (formerly known as Grassroots) for both teams and individuals in our Newcomers Class. For this reason we expect entries from Pony Club member’s to be significantly higher. Inevitably this means that capacity for non-Pony Club members may be reduced. However, we are still accepting entries from non-Pony Club riders and we will do our very best to accommodate as many as possible. It is therefore expected that the demand for places will be even higher this year and entries will need to be submitted as early as possible.
Once again, those Pony Club Branches wishing to enter teams are able to leave team selection almost until the last minute. All riders/branches should submit entries for individuals by the closing date of FRIDAY 16th JUNE and team selection from those individual entries does not need to be notified (by email would be preferred) until FRIDAY the 23rd JUNE.
It is important, however, that ALL RIDERS HAVE ENTERED BY THE 16th JUNE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE TO BE INCLUDED IN A TEAM.
We have decided this year to incorporate the £10 start fee into the entry fee and, following our experience of last year, we have also had to make provision for abandonment. Further, in view of the fact that the Newcomers class is now a qualifier, we have decided to equalise the entry fee for all classes.
Please use a separate entry form for each rider/horse combination entry .
I do hope to be able to communicate with all competitors by email and keep them up-dated with event information from time to time, so please try to include a LEGIBLE (to me!) email address. If you don’t have a personal email address, try to arrange to use that of a friend who will pass on news.
Wednesday, 17th May, 6pm until about 8pm.
At Mostyn Farmride, Whitford, Holywell CH8 9AR.
Parking in the showjumping field, not the main yard.
With Katy Powell Jones and Debbie Miller.
Flatwork and Jumping and an assessment of any points that riders may need to work on before the test in order to pass well!
Book with Debbie Miller, 07739 551444, firstname.lastname@example.org
£30 per rider for 2 hours. Cheques payable to Area 5 of the Pony Club
Below are THREE WANTED requests for ponies and horses ….
- Looking for the impossible?
- 5* home with excellent facilities awaits a new friend for my daughter mare or gelding;
- No preference on colour or age (below 20) Height 12.2-13.2hh
- Pony for all pony club activities and showing and dressage. Must be good to load clip catch shoe etc….
- and trusty enough for my daughter to solely look after without having to worry about safety too much – must not be a stressy
- Kind and safe in all situations I.e traffic, trains (as main line runs through our yard), different environments I.e shows and rallies etc ….
- References can be given and a loving home is without shadow of doubt
- Looking to loan with view to buy or loan to move yards.
- If you feel you can help my daughter find her match please contact me as she is currently a member of ECBPC but has nothing to ride at present and last pony knocked her confidence
Contact Melissa : 07490126734
PONY – 2
- Wanted pony 10.2 to 12 hd loan pony for little girl 4 years old
- Must be completely safe ridden and on the ground
- 5 star home offered references available
- Only wanting to loan as we are terrible at selling and already have several leg irons
- We have a 12.2 which is out on loan as just too big for Kacey at the moment
- Looking for probably around a 2 year loan approx.
- Please call Philippa on 07788648717 or
- email email@example.com
- We are actively searching for a good allrounder horse – 15.1 – 15.3.
- Ideally we are looking for the following specification to get out and about as soon as possible this season:-
- Good Allrounder – with Eventing experience or potential
15.1h – 15.3h
- Mare or Gelding
- Age: Min 7 – Max 12 Year Old
- Nothing strong or silly
- Must be good to do in all ways – travelling well in both trailer or lorry.
- Good to shoe/clip etc and no vices
- My daughter is a competent teenage rider who loves to take part in all PC activities, local shows and general hacking & farm rides and is also a member of NSEA with her school.
- She has successfully competed at 70/75cm in jumping and achieved over 71% in Prelim Dressage tests on her pony and is now ready to move onwards to bigger fences both in Show Jumping and Cross country and develop her Dressage skills.
- She has already gained some further experience on bigger fences with my 15.1 horse and is now ready to take on her own horse to continue her career.
- In return we offer an excellent 5 star home based in East Cheshire. This is a small but friendly livery yard which is well managed with owners on site full time.
- Our yard provides excellent all year round turn out, good quality menage for schooling and lots of lovely hacking Nr Macclesfield Forest all in a beautiful setting close to our home.
- I am retired and dedicate a lot of time to the horse care and management to ensure excellent support is provided.
- We would love to hear from anyone currently thinking of selling their precious horse – but feels reluctant to place adverts on the open market. A realistic budget is available.
Kind regards ….. Steph Gleave (07957 175 402)
We had a lovely day hosted by the Burton Cheshire Forest Branch of the Pony Club at Dee Farm on the Wirral and run by John Gilbert very efficiently with humour and enthusiasm. We had free drinks and cake all afternoon and during that nerve wracking time while waiting for our results we had a superb dressage to music demonstration from Helen Dutton, not on her big dressage horse but on a lovely Welsh cob that had been bought at Beeston! It would be wonderful if we could all turn a sow’s ear into a silk purse!
Both senior and junior competitions were won by the Berwyn and Dee Pony Club which has only 37 members most of whom are in the youngest age group. The senior team of Lily Wakefield, Lauren Lawley and Sian Williams who have two D+ tests and a C between them did well to answer questions at B test standard. The junior team “The Happy Gang” of Sian Evans, Emily Martin Jones and Aimee Davies were thrilled to win against stiff opposition. Well done Berwyn and Dee Pony Club and Good Luck at the Champs.
Second Placed team was Dwyfor – another very small Branch, Cheshire Hunt North Tigers took 3rd, 4th (Lions) and 5th (Leopards) places and WWW were 6th. Well done all for taking part.
Huge Congratulations to Berwyn and Dee Branch for winning the Junior class at the Horse and Pony care competition on Sunday at Dee Farm, Heswall.
They will be joining their Senior team who are off to the Champs too!
Good Luck to them!
Well done to their trainer Mary Evans and a big Thank you to John for organising a well run competition!
Thanks … Meg Green – Area 5 Representative
B Test Assessors Riding Session with William Blane
June 11th. 2pm til 4.30 pm
Mostyn Farm Ride near Holywell
Contact Meg on firstname.lastname@example.org