Welcome to Dwyfor branch of the Pony Club.
Will all members please download and read the new `Code of conduct`, this relates to all persons involved in or watching Pony Club activities , download here . Area 5 – Respect Code of Conduct – Notice format – May 2
The Dwyfor Branch of the Pony Club was formed in 2001, having previously been part of the Gwynedd Branch, but always very independent, due the vast geographical area involved.The members have a strong feeling of identity, although still spread out over North Meirioneth and all of the Lleyn Peninsular. They compete in inter-branch events in Dressage, Eventing and Show Jumping, with some success, and also enjoy Triathlon. Small in numbers, the members go from strength to strength.
Whilst our members take competitions seriously , all our rallies and events are based on fun and having a fun time !!!
Please remember our Parents evening this Monday 13th at the Oakley arms , hope to see everyone there , 7.30 p.m .
BRILLIANT NEWS !!!!
We have had the `All clear` from the college so rallies can resume , summer schedule is here summer prog .
CAN EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR HATS NOW CONFORM TO THNE NEW PONY CLUB RULES , IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE ASK LYNN
Our Dc Lynn would like to thank everyone who came to prize giving and for the lovely flowers ( inc purple cabbage !!) and gifts from all the members , it was a different format this year and everyone enjoyed the food and conversation .
Please find below links to the updated Hat and Body Protector Rules of The Pony Club for 2016. The key changes are as follows:
- As previously noted, the hat standard BS EN 1384 has been removed as an accepted hat standard from the 1st January 2016. Please remind your Members and their parents / guardians to bear this in mind when buying new riding hats.
- We are now accepting the hat standards ASTM F1163 and VG1.
- We are now accepting the new red BE hat tags, so if Members have BE red tagged hats, they will not need tagging with a white Pony Club hat tag. However, please note we can still randomly spot check tagged hats if we wish.
- We are clarifying the position regarding peaks in cross-country riding including Eventing, Tetrathlon, Horse Trials and also Pony Racing and Mounted Games. Please note that a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface.
- Body protectors used in Cross Country or Pony Racing must be BETA Level 3 standard. These have a purple BETA tag on them.
Note: Any changes or additions to the rules are shown in bold text.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
The Pony Club