Welcome to Dwyfor branch of the Pony Club.
Will all members please download and read the new `Code of conduct`, this relates to all persons involved in or watching Pony Club activities , download here . Area 5 – Respect Code of Conduct – Notice format – May 2
CAN EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR HATS NOW CONFORM TO THNE NEW PONY CLUB RULES , IF YOU ARE UNSURE PLEASE ASK LYNN
CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMME
All members have today been sent a schedule for the Gwynedd Pony Club Dressage which is on Saturday February 25th. . The schedules have been signed ready for you to enter if you would like to go. Copies of Pony Club tests can be found on the P.C.web-site. CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: Feb 18th.
Wed. Feb. 22nd: Dressage Rally with Frankie for those who are going to this event, and want to practise the tests. BOOK IN BY MONDAY FEBRUARY 20TH. If there are spare places, then this rally can then be opened up to other members.
To avoid clashing dates, the Handy Pony Practice and competition will now be on Sunday March 19th.
The Fire Safety badge will be a little later on.
DWYFOR BRANCH OF THE PONY CLUB
SPRING PROGRAMME 2017
All rallies at Glynllifon unless otherwise stated
RIDING GROUPS: RED: MIA, LYDIA, ABI, AWEL, LEAH, FAY, LOWRI.
GREEN: CERI, NANSI, ELA, LLIO, HEIDI, MISTY, MEGAN H., BECA, CASEY, ANNIE.
(GREEN 5.30PM: CERI, NANSI, ELA, LLIO, HEIDI
GREEN GROUP 6.30PM: BECA, MEGAN, MISTY, CASEY, ANNIE)
BLUE: CHLOE, SARAN, GLAIN, EFA, LAUREN, TARA, MEGAN P.
Please book in for rallies before mid-day, or the previous day
WELCOME BACK TO MEGAN P. TO THE BLUE GROUP after being away for 9 years. We are pleased to see you back. and a Big WELCOME TO A NEW MEMBER ALWENA.
PLEASE CAN I REMIND EVERYONE WHO HAVE YET TO JOIN THIS YEAR THAT THE DEADLINE IS FAST APPROACHING PLEASE CAN YOU ALL BRING THE MEMBERSHIP FORMS AND PAYMENT TO THE NEXT RALLY XX THANK YOU
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2017 NEW YEAR, NEW STARTS, LOTS OF EXCITING THINGS TO DO, JUST KEEP WATCHING THE FACEBOOK PAGE FOR UP TO DATE EVENTS AND DATES TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDARS
SAT.FEB. 5th: E. Cheshire Winter League Dressage. See Area 5 Web-site.
SUN. FEB.5th: Cheshire Hunt South W.L. Show Jumping.See Area 5 Web-site for schedule.
WED. FEB. 8th: Rally. GREEN GROUP: First half 5-30. Second half 6-30
WED. FEB 15th: Rally. RED GROUP: 5-30. BLUE GROUP: 6-30
Half -term – A Badge Day will be held—day and venue t.b.a.
SUN. FEB. 26th: Handy Pony practise and competition, followed by jumping, in Glynllifon. 9-30 Start. £10-00
WED. MAR. 1st: Rally. GREEN GROUP: First half 5-30. Second half 6-30
WED.MAR. 8th: Rally. RED GROUP: 5-30. BLUE GROUP: 6-30
WED. MAR. 15th: Rally. . GREEN GROUP: First half 5-30. Second half 6-30
WED. MAR.22nd: Rally RED GROUP: 5-30. BLUE GROUP 6-30
WED. MAR.29th: Rally GREEN GROUP: First half 5-30. Second half 6-30
SUN. APRIL 2nd: Easter Egg Treasure Hunt in Beddgelert Forest. Come mounted, dismounted, or on your bike! Meet at the horse-box car park at 10-00a.m. map ref: SH 575504
WED. APRIL 5th: Rally. RED GROUP: 5-30. BLUE GROUP 6-30
WED. APRIL 12th: Rally. GREEN GROUP: First half 5-30. Second half 6-30
A trip to a Fire Station to take the Fire Safety mini badge will be arrange this term. Look out for details.
District Commissioner: Lynn Page. 01766-540-496 (except 6-30—8-30 p.m.)
Secretary: Alison Smith: 0770-699-5985
Treasurer: Gillian Dop-Hughes; 01758-612-242
Child Protection: Megan Williams: 01766-540-866
Web-Master: Sarah Fitzjohn: email@example.com
Face-book Supervisor: Edd Fitzjohn: 017660770-583
Please find below links to the updated Hat and Body Protector Rules of The Pony Club for 2016. The key changes are as follows:
- As previously noted, the hat standard BS EN 1384 has been removed as an accepted hat standard from the 1st January 2016. Please remind your Members and their parents / guardians to bear this in mind when buying new riding hats.
- We are now accepting the hat standards ASTM F1163 and VG1.
- We are now accepting the new red BE hat tags, so if Members have BE red tagged hats, they will not need tagging with a white Pony Club hat tag. However, please note we can still randomly spot check tagged hats if we wish.
- We are clarifying the position regarding peaks in cross-country riding including Eventing, Tetrathlon, Horse Trials and also Pony Racing and Mounted Games. Please note that a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface.
- Body protectors used in Cross Country or Pony Racing must be BETA Level 3 standard. These have a purple BETA tag on them.
Note: Any changes or additions to the rules are shown in bold text.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
The Pony Club