Welcome to the Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club website
STOP PRESS – latest website update 27 May 2016…..
THE GIVE BACK HACK – 30 May 2016
The Give Back Hack is organised by Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club in association with the Wokingham Bridleway Group. The hack will take place over approx. 5 miles of hacking on farmland, tracks and woodland with a river crossing of the Whitewater River (which can be avoided if preferred) at Coldpiece Farm, Hound Green, nr Hook, Hampshire. Please note there are no jumps on this hack. The use of the route is by the very kind permission of Hugo Guinness and Tracey & Jo Rolfe.
The hack is being organised to raise funds for two great causes – the Thames Valley Air Ambulance and the Wokingham Bridleway Group who are a non-profit organisation set up to campaign for improved access for Horse Riders in the Wokingham Borough. All funds raised will go towards improvements of the existing bridleway network and for provision of new bridleways.
Times for The Give Back Hack are here – Give Back Hack Times
Please ensure you bring £5.00 bib deposit. All riders must wear the bib to take part. Gate Opens at 9:00am
Entries will also be taken on the day – please call Julie Browne on 07740 874004 to confirm space and time in advance of arrival
To come and join in, please download the schedule – The Give Back Hack – 30 May 2016
Upcoming Events for Wokingham Pony Club in 2016
12 June 2016 – Wokingham Pony Club Summer Show – SCHEDULE NOW OUT – WPC Summer Show 2016 Schedule and Entry Form
7-13 August 2016 – Wokingham Pony Club Camp dates and booking form is out! Go to the Camp tab for more details and download the booking form!
IMPORTANT NEWS – Pony Club Hat Tags and Back Protectors for 2016
Please find below links to the updated Hat and Body Protector Rules of The Pony Club for 2016. The key changes are as follows:
- As previously noted, the hat standard BS EN 1384 has been removed as an accepted hat standard from the 1st January 2016. Please remind your Members and their parents / guardians to bear this in mind when buying new riding hats.
- We are now accepting the hat standards ASTM F1163 and VG1.
- We are now accepting the new red BE hat tags, so if Members have BE red tagged hats, they will not need tagging with a white Pony Club hat tag. However, please note we can still randomly spot check tagged hats if we wish.
- We are clarifying the position regarding peaks in cross-country riding including Eventing, Tetrathlon, Horse Trials and also Pony Racing and Mounted Games. Please note that a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface.
- Body protectors used in Cross Country or Pony Racing must be BETA 2009 Level 3 standard. These have a purple BETA tag on them.
Note: Any changes or additions to the rules are shown in bold text.
To download the full hat rule for 2016, please click here. To download the full body protector rule for 2016, please click here.
Interested in joining Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club ?
Please contact Julie Browne for more details (email@example.com) or go to the “Joining Wokingham” tab for more details!