Welcome to the Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club website
STOP PRESS – latest website update 23 August 2016…..
Very Well Done to Becky Storer and Cassie, who not only came 6th at the National Tet Championships, but have also been placed 9th in their arena at the Pony Club Novice Championships at Cholmondeley Castle on 20 August!
Full update on the News Tab!
IMPORTANT NEWS – Pony Club Hat Tags and Back Protectors for 2016
Please find below links to the updated Hat and Body Protector Rules of The Pony Club for 2016. The key changes are as follows:
- As previously noted, the hat standard BS EN 1384 has been removed as an accepted hat standard from the 1st January 2016. Please remind your Members and their parents / guardians to bear this in mind when buying new riding hats.
- We are now accepting the hat standards ASTM F1163 and VG1.
- We are now accepting the new red BE hat tags, so if Members have BE red tagged hats, they will not need tagging with a white Pony Club hat tag. However, please note we can still randomly spot check tagged hats if we wish.
- We are clarifying the position regarding peaks in cross-country riding including Eventing, Tetrathlon, Horse Trials and also Pony Racing and Mounted Games. Please note that a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface.
- Body protectors used in Cross Country or Pony Racing must be BETA 2009 Level 3 standard. These have a purple BETA tag on them.
Note: Any changes or additions to the rules are shown in bold text.
To download the full hat rule for 2016, please click here. To download the full body protector rule for 2016, please click here.
Interested in joining Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club ?
Please contact Julie Browne for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org) or go to the “Joining Wokingham” tab for more details!