Welcome to the Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club website
STOP PRESS – latest website update 4 February 2016…..
INDOOR SHOW JUMPING AT SPARSHOLT 7 Feb 2016 – UPDATE!!!
There are still a few places left, so we are welcoming entries on the day!! Indoor SJ Schedule – 2016Indoor SJ Schedule – 2016
All those in Class 1 have confirmed times as per the table below with the first person starting at 09:00:
Class 1 course walk will be from 08:40-08:55 and the class will start on time. All Class 1 riders must be ready to jump at their allotted times or they run the risk of missing their slot.
The APPROXIMATE start times for all other classes are below. This is the earliest the classes will start but could be later if we have people enter on the day. Course walk to take place before class start time
Class 2 – 09:40 : Class 3 – 10:25 : Class 4 – 11:35 :
Class 5a/b – 13:15 : Class 6 – 14:35
Good Luck to all our competitors and we look forward to seeing on Sunday!
Upcoming Events for Wokingham Pony Club in 2016
We have 2 upcoming competitions that are very popular and we hope to see you all there both as competitors and helpers!
7 Feb 2016 – Indoor Show Jumping (including Dengie Qualifier) at Sparsholt College, nr Winchester – Indoor SJ Schedule – 2016Indoor SJ Schedule – 2016
20 Mar 2016 – Hunter Trials at Tweseldown, Church Crookham – 2016 Hunter Trials Schedule
7-13 August 2016 – Wokingham Pony Club Camp dates and booking form is out! Go to the Camp tab for more details and download the booking form!
Wishing all our members a very happy new year!!
Membership Renewals are due on 31 January 2016. The renewal email has been sent so please get your membership form in ASAP!!
IMPORTANT NEWS – Pony Club Hat Tags for 2016
Please find below links to the updated Hat and Body Protector Rules of The Pony Club for 2016. The key changes are as follows:
- As previously noted, the hat standard BS EN 1384 has been removed as an accepted hat standard from the 1st January 2016. Please remind your Members and their parents / guardians to bear this in mind when buying new riding hats.
- We are now accepting the hat standards ASTM F1163 and VG1.
- We are now accepting the new red BE hat tags, so if Members have BE red tagged hats, they will not need tagging with a white Pony Club hat tag. However, please note we can still randomly spot check tagged hats if we wish.
- We are clarifying the position regarding peaks in cross-country riding including Eventing, Tetrathlon, Horse Trials and also Pony Racing and Mounted Games. Please note that a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface.
- Body protectors used in Cross Country or Pony Racing must be BETA Level 3 standard. These have a purple BETA tag on them.
Note: Any changes or additions to the rules are shown in bold text.
To download the full hat rule for 2016, please click here. To download the full body protector rule for 2016, please click here.
Interested in joining Wokingham Branch of the Pony Club ?
Please contact Julie Browne for more details (email@example.com) or go to the “Joining Wokingham” tab for more details!