Sunday 26th May, 2019
10am – 4pm
Mostyn XC and Farm Ride
Tre Mostyn, CH8 9AR
Course tutors: Linda De Matteo BE accreditted coach and Chris Barr Accredited Visiting Pony club coach are leading the course.
ENSURE YOU COME DRESSED SMARTLY AS YOU WILL BE COACHING A GROUP.
- Bring your coaching log book
- Please bring a packed lunch. There will be hot drinks available
Who is this course for:
- Younger Coaches (suggested minimum age 18 years) who have completed Introduction To Coaching Courses – Step 1 and Step 2.
A minimum of 40 hours coaching/volunteering is required to attend and must be recorded in the young coaches log books – any queries please contact Rosemary Clarke
- More experienced senior coaches as a refresher and update CPD
- Any Pony Club coaches, who wish to coach cross country in their Branch/Centre.
- These courses develop participants through discussion, group work and most importantly, activity.
- All participants will have the opportunity to teach.
- The atmosphere is fun, friendly, welcoming and supportive.
- The emphasis is on drawing together the wide range of experiences that tutors and participants bring and making those experiences available to everyone.
- This course focuses on the safety requirements for cross country coaching, and how to best prepare riders to tackle cross country challenges safely and effectively.
- The Tutor : Participant ratio is 1:4.
- Maximum number of participants on this course – 8