- Step One June 2019 – Schedule and Entry Form
- Date – 30th June 2019
- Time – 10am – 4pm
- Venue – Pennant Park Centre, Whitford CH8 9ER
- Course tutors – Christine Barr and Rosemary Clarke
- Cost – £50 including A5 Coaching log book
ENSURE YOU COME DRESSED SMARTLY AS YOU WILL BE COACHING A GROUP.
Please bring a packed lunch.
Who is this course for?
- Pony Club Members aged 16 years or older who are enthusiastic to teach at D/D+ level. Must hold minimum C test. C+ test is preferable
- Past Members, supporters or parents over 25 years who have sound horse knowledge and are enthusiastic to teach at D/D+ level
- Pony Club coaches at any level who want to refresh their ideas or check they are in line with best practice
These courses develop participants through discussion, group work and most importantly, activity. All participants will have the opportunity to teach.
The atmosphere is fun, friendly, welcoming and supportive. The emphasis is on drawing together the wide range of experiences that tutors and participants bring and making those experiences available to everyone.
This course focuses on the basic skills needed to begin coaching, including planning riding and horse care sessions and the values underpinning Pony Club coaching.