CANCELLED -DUE TO LACK OF NUMBERS
DATE – Sunday 21st July 2019
TIME – 10am – 4pm
VENUE – Pennant Park Riding Centre, Whitford, CH8 9ER
COURSE TUTOR – Katie Powell and one other tbc
COST – £50
ENSURE YOU ARE DRESSED SMARTLY AS YOU WILL BE COACHING A GROUP
Bring your coaching log books with you
Please bring a packed lunch as there are no near-by shops.
Who is this course for?
- Younger coaches (suggested minimum age: 17 years)
- More experienced coaches as a CPD refresher within Branches/Centres
- Any Pony Club coaches, as a refresher, who require an accreditation day, in either Areas or Branches/Centres.
- These courses develop participants through discussion, group work and most importantly, activity.
- All participants will have the opportunity to teach.
- The atmosphere is fun, friendly, welcoming and supportive.
- The emphasis is on drawing together the wide range of experiences that tutors and participants bring and making those experiences available to everyone.
This course focuses on introducing jumping, rider balance and a balanced jumping position, and working groups in open spaces (rider control!)
The Tutor : Participant ratio is 1:4.
A minimum of 40 hours coaching/volunteering is required to progress to the next STEPS level.