Didn’t you all do well !
- Morgan Haerr on Timmy came 9th in the Novice Dressage
- Russell Wingfield came 21st in the Open class at the Tet Champs. Russell was in 2nd place until the XC !
Berwyn and Dee
- Individual Novice Dressage – Sian Evans
- Individual Novice Event – Amie Beacock
- Musical Ride team competed for the first time.
Burton Cheshire Forest
- Beth Clegg Intermediate SJ. Had a clear 1st round but had poles down in the 2nd.
- Grassroots Regional Dressage team competed at Eland and came 10th.
Cheshire Hunt North
- Had a Novice Dressage team of Kiera Booth, Ella Booth,
Sophie Sellers and Emily Entwistle.
- Maia Hodgson competed as an Individual in the Open Show Jumping, Dressage and Eventing. Maia was given 4th in the Horsemanship SJ Awards.
- Hannah Fallon was 8th in her arena Individual Intermediate Event
- Emmeline Davidson Slack – competed as an Individual in the Intermediate Event.
- Imogen Kennedy – Individual Intermediate SJ
- Emily Entwistle came 9th in the Intermediate dressage to music.
- Ella Booth qualified and competed at the Tet Champs.
- Grassroots Regional Dressage Team won the Champs at Eland and Izzy Caldwell was 6th overall.
Cheshire Hunt South
- Intermediate Event Team – Tia, Sophie, Orla and Lexie. Tia came 3rd in her Section.
- Junior Games Team reached the final and came 6th – Florence, Ellen, Tabitha, Isadore and Felix.
- Intermediate Individual SJ – Kate finished on 4 faults and came 11th out of 75 competitors.
- Open Individual SJ – Lucy Lanni, Martha Newall and Rose Diggle. Out of 76 competitors, there were only 4 double clears and Martha was one of them. She came 2nd and Lucy 5th.
- Grassroots Regional Dressage team came 2nd. Amelia Deller and Phoebe Deller came 3rd and 4th respectively at Eland. Their SJ team came 4th overall at Eland.
- Tetrathlon – Freddie Ashworth 5th Junior, Orla and Keeva Stott took part as Juniors. Their mixed team came 4th
- East Cheshire had an amazing 39 members competing at the Champs as well as two SJ teams at the Grassroots Regionals at Eland who came 6th and 7th.
- Amazingly their two Musical ride teams came 1st and 2nd. They were brilliant.
- Three pairs competed in the Dressage to music – Sam Foxall & Ciara McLellan (3rd), Phoebe Southern & Sofia Stubbs (4th), Alice and Dan Agnew (5th)
- Grace Anthony came 7th Nov Dressage to Music and Sam Foxall came 12th in Open Dressage to Music.
- Dressage – Novice Individuals – Jessica Taylor 3rd, Tasia Osborne 7th.
- Novice and Intermediate teams competed in the S. Jumping.
- Eventing – Novice Team competed (Sophie Holdcroft, Mary Goodridge, Sam Sant and Annabel James) as did Intermediate (Ciera McLellan, Sam Foxall) and Open Individuals (Tigi Hankey, Lilian Sears)
- Mounted Games Intermediate team came 10th.
- Polocrosse – Zoe Hill competed in a mixed Area 5 team (3rd)
- A Junior Horse and Pony Care team came 8th.
- A special mention to Sam Foxall who competed in Open Dressage, Open D to M, Pairs D to M, Intermediate SJ. and Intermediate Eventing.
- Ciara McLellen who competed in Open Dressage, Pairs D to M, Int SJ, Intermediate Eventing and the Musical Ride.
- Grassroots Reg Dressage – two teams competed at Eland and they were 6th and 7th.
Flint and Denbigh Hunt
- Intermediate Event Team – Sophie Wilson, Catrin Evans, Libby Edwards and Laura Cocking.
- Open SJ team 2nd – Brier Leahy, Lois Roberts, Sophie Toogood and Heidi O Brien.
- Ben Read competed as an Open Individual and came 9th.
- Ben Read qualified and competed at the Tetrathlon Champs in Bishop Burton and came 9th
- Open Event Team 1st (Team as above)and winning the prestigious Stonar Trophy.
- Heidi won her Section, Brier Leahy 3rd in hers, Lois Roberts 5th.
- Brier was named as one of the Horsemanship riders. Brier was one of only 4 to get a double clear in the Open Event out of 100+ competitors!
- Senior Games team came 7th.
- Mixed Area 5 Polocrosse team came 3rd.with Kate Davies.
Sir Watkin Williams Wynn Hunt
- The Junior MG team won.
- The Junior H and Pony Care team won – Naomi Young, Pip Young, Kate Rutherford.
- Naomi Young won her Section in the Novice Event finishing on her dressage score.
- Cerys Jones and Timmy Orritt won the Pairs Dressage to Music.
- Cerys Jones competed in the Area 5 Mixed Polocrosse team (3rd)
- Amber Wilkinson and Hannah Burgoyne competed as Individuals in the Novice Show Jumping .
- Grassroots Regional – team of Leah Harding, Elin Pryce, Jasmin Teague and India Wilkinson won the Area competition and came 8th at the Eland Champs.
Waen y Llyn
- Edward Williams finished on 8 faults in the Intermediate S Jumping
- Emily Boothroyd competed in the Ind Intermediate Dressage.
- Hamish Peffers qualified and competed at the Junior Tet Champs in Bishop Burton.
Pennant Park Riding Centre
- A Team competed at Eland and came 13th out of 25 teams.
This is approximately 150 Area 5 members. I am sorry if there are mistakes and/or I have missed anyone off. Let me know if you want anything changed.
A huge THANK YOU must go to all the Volunteers, Parents and DCs who have given up so much of their time to enable these members to have the opportunity to compete at Cholmondeley, Eland and Bishop Burton.