INTRO TO COACHING – STEP 3
Sunday 26th May, 2019
10am – 4pm
Mostyn XC and Farm Ride
Tre Mostyn, CH8 9AR
Course tutors: Linda De Matteo BE accreditted coach and Chris Barr Accredited Visiting Pony club coach are leading the course.
ENSURE YOU COME DRESSED SMARTLY AS YOU WILL BE COACHING A GROUP.
- Bring your coaching log book
- Please bring a packed lunch. There will be hot drinks available
Who is this course for:
- Younger Coaches (suggested minimum age 18 years) who have completed Introduction To Coaching Courses – Step 1 and Step 2.
A minimum of 40 hours coaching/volunteering is required to attend and must be recorded in the young coaches log books – any queries please contact Rosemary Clarke
- More experienced senior coaches as a refresher and update CPD
- Any Pony Club coaches, who wish to coach cross country in their Branch/Centre.
- These courses develop participants through discussion, group work and most importantly, activity.
- All participants will have the opportunity to teach.
- The atmosphere is fun, friendly, welcoming and supportive.
- The emphasis is on drawing together the wide range of experiences that tutors and participants bring and making those experiences available to everyone.
- This course focuses on the safety requirements for cross country coaching, and how to best prepare riders to tackle cross country challenges safely and effectively.
- The Tutor : Participant ratio is 1:4.
- Maximum number of participants on this course – 8
AREA 10 SHOWJUMPING TRAINING
To be held at Ponderosa Equestrian Centre, Barn Farm, Station Road, Newport, NP18 2DY
Trainer: Jayne Smart, BHSI and UKCC level 3 BS coach
Sessions will be run at 90cm, 1M or 1.1M and riders should be comfortable jumping at the level they book for. Each session will be for two riders and 40 minutes training. As long as staff or liveries are riding in Arena 2 or it’s empty, you are able to warm up in Arena 2 so you arrive at the start of your session ready to start so please aim to arrive with sufficient time to do this.
AREA 5 A TRAINING
Area 5 would like to put on some A test Training – is anyone interested?
You do not have to be going for the test to be able to come. You need your B or be working towards your B.
Contact Meg on email@example.com
FIRST AID COURSE
Sir WWW Branch are running a first aid course on the evenings of Tues 30 April & Wed 1st May – 6pm-9pm. Both evenings must be attended to gain your Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, a nationally-recognised qualification which lasts for three years. Cost £50 per person.
Location: Border Business Systems, off the High Street, Farndon, Chester, CH3 6PT (map attached).
Parking is available on Farndon High Street and Barton Road, and pedestrian access to the offices is off Walkers Lane, opposite the Health Centre.
Please book your place ASAP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AREA 5 ‘B’ TEST CARE TRAINING
AREA 5 ‘B’ CARE TEST is on APRIL 15th
TRAINING sessions are :-
- March 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th
- April 5th and 12th.
- £10 per session.
- Pennant Park Riding Centre, Llwyn Ifor Lane, Whitford, Nr Holywell. CH8 9ER
- Time – 6 til 8pm
- Bookings to email@example.com
- You need not be trying the test in April to attend
- Prepayment is essential