Centres Do Well on the day
A very successful Horse and Pony Care Competition was held at Pennant Park Centre September 5th hosted by Aberconwy Branch. Thank you to John Gilbert and his team for organising the day. It is a practical competition as much as a Quiz and the teams of 3 move round different “stations” which each have a particular topic. There are now three classes – Mini, Junior and Senior and the winner of each class go forward to the Final in Lutterworth, October 23/24th.
There were 2 Centres – Springbank (Tushingham) and Gorswen (Anglesey) and six Branches who took part (East Cheshire, Flint and Denbigh, Cheshire Hunt North, Anglesey, Aberconwy and Wynnstay). Well done to them for supporting this worthwhile competition.
- Mini Class – There were 10 teams entered. The highest placed branch was East Cheshire but the overall winner was Springbank Centre who was entering for the very first time. They were absolutely delighted to have done so well.
- Junior Class – 10 teams again. The winning team was Anglesey who will go forward but the 2nd placed team – Cheshire Hunt North has had an invitation too.
- Senior Class – just two teams (Wynnstay Branch and Gorswen Centre) and the result was very close, just a few points between them but the winning team was Gorswen.
Gorswen, a relatively small Centre on Anglesey, deserves a special mention as they put forward SIX teams on the day and had obviously done a great deal of preparation.
GOOD LUCK to all teams going forward to the Championship.
- Friday OCT 22nd at 6.30pm
- Venue – Hafod equestrian , Trefnant
- LL16 4UN
“Learning through Fun for the under 10’s”
- Our youngest members are often the most difficult to please so come along and meet some of them!
- Bring a chair.
Contact Meg – firstname.lastname@example.org
Area 5 Representative
m: 07717 413 105
AREA 5 DATES 2021/2022
2021 – DATES as of September 17th
Let me know about any additions please asap.
- Sept 18thth. WLSJ Dwyfor/Dolgellau. Pen y Graig, Gwalchmai.
- Oct 3rd. WLSJ East Ch.Somerford.
- Oct 16th. Dressage Qualifier. Aberconwy.
- Oct 23/24th. H and P Care Final in Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
- Oct 27th. Area 5 tetrathlon Training day. Christleton leisure centre.
- Oct 31st. Area 5 Triathlon. First of a trio. Mold. Contact email@example.com
- Nov 14th. WLSJ. Tan/BnDee. Southview.
- Nov 21st. Dressage Qual. FnD. Northop.
- Nov 28th. WLSJ Flint n Den. Maelor
- Dec 5th. WLSJ. BChF/ CHN.
- Dec 30th. Fun Show Anglesey. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 *** HAPPY NEW YEAR *** 2022
- Jan 9th. Dressage Qualifier. Anglesey.
- Jan 23rd. Triathlon. Mold.
- Jan 30th. WLSJ. ChHS.
- Feb 6th. ARENA EVENTING Qualifier. East Ch.
- Feb 12th. WLSJ Waun Y LL/Wynnstay. Northop.
- Feb 20th. Dressage Qualifier. Northop. B Ch F.
- March 6th. Area 5 WL SJ FINAL. Kelsall.
- March 13th. Triathlon Qualifier. Mold.
- March 20th. Dressage FINAL. Northop. B Ch F.
- March 27th. Triathlon Winter Champs.(Date changed from last dates list)
- April 8-10th. “Barrier Animal Health” Spring Fest Final. Arena Eventing, SJumping and Dressage.
- Jun 3/4/5th. Junior Regional Tetrathlon. Moreton Morrell.
- June 18/19th AREA 5 Tetrathlon . Mostyn.
- July 11/15th AREA 5 Senior Camp. Somerford.
- Nov 2nd. Annual Conference. Belfast.
PLEASE NOTE – Class numbers for WLSJ are, 1, 2, 3, 3Q, 4, 4Q, 5 – for ALL competitions. The ‘Q’ classes are the Qualifiers for the Spring Festival. The schedule is now standardised. Any questions, please contact email@example.com Waun Y Llyn Branch.
AREA 5 WINTER LEAGUE TEAM & INDIVIDUAL SHOW JUMPING AND THE SPRING FESTIVAL SHOW JUMPING Qualifier
SOMERFORD PARK FARM, HOLMES CHAPEL ROAD, nr CONGLETON, CW12 4SW
ON SUNDAY 3rd OCTOBER 2021
||9 years & under
||11years & under
||PC Spring Festival
||PC Spring Festival
Belated report on the Area 5 16+ camp held in Somerford this year July 13th. It was never a certainty that it would go ahead because of Covid but it did, and was a great success. There were 26 brave Campers this year. There were 6 rides of 4 or 5. The weather was perfect which always helps but the food was disappointing. Catering was made more difficult by Covid as certain precautions had to be taken. Fortunately, it was possible to eat outside in the sunshine. Campers were given the option to arrive the night before and many took advantage of that.
We had some wonderful coaches – some of the best in the Area – including William Blane ex Chairman of PC Training. Campers had coaching every day in Care, flatwork, Sjumping and XC. An extra arena had been booked with a grid and every group had 30 minutes in there on Thursday.
On Monday evening, the topic was “What the Pony Club did for me”. We had 3 speakers who spoke about the influence their time in the Pony Club had had on their professions. We had a Tetrathlon shooter via Zoom, an Equine Physiotherapist and a Vet whose specialism was Cardiac.
The 2nd evening, we had a talk from an Equine Behaviour specialist when we saw how horses interact with each other and what their body language means. This was followed by an Equine Quiz in teams.
On the 3rd evening, as is usual, campers were treated to Mucky games which ended in the inevitable water fight – all Covid compliant of course! Great fun.
There were a number of falls but nobody injured and no horse went lame as far as I can remember. Somerford is an amazing place and we are lucky to have such a facility virtually on our doorstep. I have to say, the behaviour of the campers was excellent apart from one or two latecomers to their ridden sessions. Camp is all about being organised.
Thank you to the many Parents who helped especially Maggie Braunton(FnD), Sally Green(Gwynedd), Lisa Smith Edwards(FnD) and Bethan Edwards(FnD), Tina Owen(FnD), Alun Davies(FnD) and Anthea Pilkington.
The date next year is a provisional July 11th – 15th. Put it in your diary.