AREA 5 WINTER LEAGUE TEAM & INDIVIDUAL SHOW JUMPING
+ DENGIE WINTER LEAGUE & DENGIE DEBUT SHOW JUMPING
AT SOMERFORD PARK FARM, HOLMES CHAPEL ROAD, SOMERFORD, nr CONGLETON, CW12 4SW
ON SUNDAY 7th OCTOBER 2018
Please note that all entries (whether Individual or Team) must be received by SATURDAY the 29th SEPTEMBER 2018 to be sure of acceptance. However, Team nominations/allocations need not be notified until MONDAY the 1st OCTOBER.
Note that the Area 5 Winter League Rules were amended in May 2018 and a copy of the amended rules is attached for ease of reference. The classes are changed from previous years and there is now a WL points competition for Individuals
Please encourage your members to submit their entries as soon as possible.
Notes re: East Cheshire Competition
- The times and order of classes may change to most effectively accommodate the number of entries per class.
- In the first round the whole team will jump in succession. In the second round the team members will jump one at a time, one from each team, in the order they jumped in the first round sequentially – rule 7.7 & 7.9.2.
- Classes 5 & 7 will be Two-phase – first phase 7 to 9 obstacles not against the clock but with a maximum time allowed; clear rounds – continue straight onto the second phase without a bell being rung. Second phase 4 to 6 obstacles and timed. Competitors placed on faults and 2nd round time;
- The organisers may opt to run Class 3 (Dengie Debut) as a two-phase competition (as above) dependent on entry numbers.
- The competition will take place on a prepared surface.
- Winter League Team & Individual Show Jumping, for Pony Club members
- Incorporating the Dengie Area 5 Finals & Dengie Open Qualifier
- Bold Heath Equestrian Centre, Warrington Road, Bold Heath, Cheshire, WA8 3XT on Saturday 3rd March 2018
- Indoor arena Course walk at 8.30am First Class starts at 9:00 am prompt
- CLASS 1: Improvers -0.50cm (Individuals)
- CLASS 2: 10 years and under – 0.65cm
- CLASS 3: 10 and under pairs – 0.65 cm (any branch combination)
- CLASS 4: 13 years and under – 0.75cm
- CLASS 5: Pairs – 0.75cm. (any branch combination)
- CLASS 6: Intermediate – 0.85cm. (including warm up for the Dengie area finals)
- CLASS 7: Dengie Debut area final – Max height 85cm (minimum 4 to qualify, dependent on numbers in class)
- CLASS 8: Dengie area final – Max ht 0.95m (minimum 4 to qualify, dependent on numbers in class)
- CLASS 9: Open – 1.00m
- CLASS 10: Dengie Open qualifier Max ht 1.10 m (3 to qualify)
- Area 5 Winter League rules 2017/2018 apply, classes 1,2,3,& 6.
- Each Winter League Class to be run under Pony Club Team Show Jumping rules.
- Classes 2,4,6 & 9 will run in team order both rounds.
- Team and individual rosettes up to 6th place, prizes to 3rd
- The Dengie Area 5 finals and the Dengie Open qualifier will be run in accordance to the PCSJ & Dengie Show Jumping Rules 2017/2018, (can be viewed at pcuk.org).
- Entry fee: Classes 1, 2, 4, 6 & 9 – £15.00 per competitor, per class, (including first aid cover)
- Classes 3 & 5 (pairs) – £16 per pair of riders
- Classes 7, 8 & 10 – £17.00 per competitor, per class, (including first aid cover & £2 levy to The Pony Club)
Please write name of competitor and class on back of cheque. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT FULL PAYMENT
Cheques payable to Cheshire Hunt North Branch of the Pony Club.
Entries close: 24th February 2018.
Entries to: Sarah Hodgson, 11 Threeways, Cuddington, Cheshire, CW8 2XJ
Tel: 07969008998 (Also contact number on the day)
Refreshments will be available on the day in the café located next to the indoor arena.
INFORMATION PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION WILL BE DISPLAYED ON THE BRANCH WEBSITE.
Novice, Intermediate & Open Pony Club Dengie Winter League Dressage Preliminary Round Competition Burton Cheshire Forest Hunt Branch of the Pony Club
Sunday 11th February 2018 – 10am start, gates open from 8.30am
Northop Equestrian Centre
- Novice Dengie Qualifier (Pony Club Novice Dressage Test 2009)
- Intermediate Dengie Qualifier (Pony Club Intermediate Test 2013)
- Open Dengie Qualifier (Pony Club Intermediate Dressage Test 2015)
- Entries to Debbie Clegg, Woodbank, Station Road, Burton, Cheshire, CH64 5SD
- Contact for the day: Debbie Clegg 07766453439
- Entry £15 per class
- Entry closing date Monday 5th Feb 2018.
- Times displayed on BCFH website from Thursday evening prior.
- Cheques payable to BCFH
Please find running order attached. If there are any mistakes please let me know and \I will amend but sheets are now printed and so theses will be made by hand.
I am going for a lie down in a darkened room…after going to get our Christmas tree.
Best wishes to all. See you Saturday.
Saturday 27th January 2018
Bryn Derw (Llestins)
Classes for everyone of all ability, come and have a go at dressage
Classes 1,2,3 will be split by age if enough entries.
- Class 1 Assisted test ( lead rein or just off lead rein help allowed from in the arena)
- Class 2 Intro B (2009) walk and trot test
- Class 3 Prelim 1 (2006)
- Class 4 Dengie winter league novice test 2009 ( bd prelim level)
- Class 5 Novice 34 (2009)
- Class 6 Dengie Winter League Intermediate test 2013 ( bd novice level)
- Class 7 Elementary 49 (2009)
- Class 8 Dengie Winter League Open test 2015 (bd elemen/med level)
NB please check horse/rider eligibility for the Dengie classes.
- Top 4 to qualify to 2nd round of Dengie in Northop in March with finals in April ( normally south of England).
- Entries Classes 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 – £11
- Dengie Classes 4, 6, 8 – £12
- Rosettes to 6th place and prizes 1st- 3rd
- Entries close Saturday 20th January 2018
- Times will be emailed Wednesday 24th January 2018
- Send Entries to …..
- R Gregory, Tyddyn Canol, Pentir, Bangor, LL57 4EG