The British Shooting Schools Pistol Championships kicked off in the South West at Leweston School on last week.
Read all about it here: https://www.britishshooting.org.uk/article/1643
ENTRIES are OPEN for the West Midlands & North West Championships. Please see information below.
- West Midlands & North West Schools Pistol Champs 2019
- Date: Wednesday 27th November 2019
- Closing Date: Monday 18th November.
- Enter Here: https://www.britishshooting.org.uk/article/1351
- Venue: Ellesmere College, Ellesmere, Shropshire. SY12 9AB
- Event Coordinator: Trevor Haynes email@example.com
- Limited spaces available. First come first served.
- Junior (Year6,7,8), Intermediate (Year 9&10), Senior (Year 11,12,13).
- Mixed gender and physical ability.
- Entry fee: £12.50 +Booking fee (includes free team entry).
- All individuals who enter are eligible for the Team events if at least 2 other students from the same school in the same age category enter as well.
- Novice to experience pistol shooters welcome.
- COME JOIN THE FUN!
- Further information and Rules visit www.britishshooting.org.uk
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/414895275927249/
Gorgs … Georgina Geikie
Events & Commercial Coordinator
UPDATED 27th September 2019 (update is Struckthru)
AREA 5 DATES
- Oct 6th WLSJ East Ch.
- Oct 27th Triathlon. Mold.
- Oct 31st Interbranch Gridwork Clinic with Tom Tulloch. Bryn Derw, Anglesey.
- *Nov 2nd Halloween SJ Dwyfor.
- *Nov 2nd Winter Series Dressage Qual. East Ch. Somerford.
- Nov 3rd Halloween SJ Berwyn n Dee.
- Nov 10th WLSJ. BnDee/Tanat. Southview.
- Nov 17th Winter Series Dressage Qual. FnD.
- Nov 24th WLSJ. Flint n D. Maelor.
- Dec 1st Winter Series Dressage Qual. CHS.
- Dec 7th Hope Saddlery evening discounts. Contact Karen.
- Dec 8th WLSJ. BCFH.
- Jan 2nd Fun Team SJ. Bryn Derw, Caernarfon, Anglesey.
- Jan 12th Triathlon Mold.
- Jan 19th WLSJ. Ch H S.
- Feb 1st Winter Series Dressage Qual. East Ch.
- Feb 2nd WLSJ. WWW/WyLlyn
- Feb 8th Winter Series Dressage Qual. BCFH.
- Feb 22nd WLSJ. Aberconwy.Maelor.
- March 7th WLSJ Final. CHN.
- *March 8th Winter Series Dressage Final. BCFH
- *March 8th Triathlon Qualifier. Mold.
- March 15th AREA Quiz.
- March 22nd Winter Triathlon Final.
- April 4/5th Addington. Winter series Dressage/SJ Final.
- April 19th AREA 5 H and P Care. Aberconwy.
- May 30/31 Tetrathlon Junior Regionals.
- June 27/28 AREA 5 Tetrathlon. Mostyn.
- July 4th AREA 5 Horse Trials. Somerford. East Ch.
- July 12th. AREA 5 Dressage. FnD.
- July 14 -17 Area 5 Senior Camp. Somerford.
- Aug 1/2 Senior Tet Regionals.Pontispool.
- Aug 7/8/9 Tetrathlon National Champs.
Annabel James (East Cheshire) won the Intermediate Girls competition at the National Tetrathlon Championships. This is Annabel’s story…
On Thursday night we left for the Pony Club Tetrathlon Championships. Once we had got the horses settled in, we made plans for the busy day of shooting and swimming, everyone was very excited. I wasn’t shooting until 2pm on Friday afternoon, leaving what seemed like a very long morning as I was quite nervous, but it also meant I had time to ride Cloudy and get organised in plenty of time. It felt rather strange starting the competition so late, as usually the older competitors are on first.
Continue reading Annabel’s Story – National Tetrathlon 2019 Champs
Well done to all our Area 5 competitors who successfully qualified to the National Tetrathlon Championships.
- Toby Johnson (East Cheshire)
- Annabel James (East Cheshire)
- Ella Booth (Cheshire Hunt North)
- Rufus Taylor (Cheshire Hunt South)
- Archie Peffers (Waen-y-Llyn)
- Freddie James (East Cheshire)
- Beatrice Taylor (Cheshire Hunt South)
- Aisling Stott (Cheshire Hunt South)
- Madlen Carlick (Cheshire Hunt South)
- Florence Butler (Cheshire Hunt South)
- Lana Booth (Cheshire Hunt North)
- Kiera Booth (Cheshire Hunt North)
Continue reading REPORT -The National Tetrathlon Championships and Grassroot Championships – 9th-12th August 2019
The basic rule under PC Rules as per the Handbook (Rule 10.9 page 45) is that for Area Competitions and above, Members must have been to a minimum of three working rallies since the previous 1st July, to be eligible to represent their Branch. Camp counts as one Working Rally.
However the various sports have specific rules that elaborate on this and the rules also have rules for riders and horses/ponies in some cases different or more prescriptive
For 2019 Areas see below :
Continue reading Three Rallies Rule