Updated 8th October 2015
- Rally times 12/10/15
- Report from Cicely from Regionals and Nationals
- Mounted games pairs schedule
- Nice to see so many people at Bull Farm at the weekend, well done to Mia and Ruby&Freddie who were class winners! There is another Hunter Trial at the Glebe in Burwash on 11th, possibly the last local one of the autumn, see you there? More info here
- Rally bookings here – if you helped at an event you are entitled to a free rally. PLEASE enter the event that you helped at eg “ODE jump judge” in the relevant box on the rally booking. Click through the bookings system as normal until you get to paypal and then abort paypal using X and your rally will be booked without payment. Please ensure that you enter the event your helped at otherwise you will be chased for payment by the organiser!
- Olympia Trip – booking here
- Mounted games update
- Loan pony available
- PENTATHLON DEVELOPMENT / TRAINING DAY Venue: ASHFORD PREP SCHOOL, GREAT CHART, KENT TN23 3DJ Monday 26th OCTOBER 2015 9.30—16.30 Cost: £30 for the day or £25 for Ashford School Pupils, Please contact Miranda Palmer for an entry form at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date for your diary Senior camp 2016 Mon 25th – Sat 30th July To be held again at Red House Farm Benenden £325 (Junior camp likely to follow on a couple of days later but exact dates to be confirmed)
ONE DAY EVENT 30TH AUGUST 2015 – Thanks to everyone who came to the ODE today, all the competitors and their supporters and our fantastic members’ families who baked, made tea, jump judged, marked tests, wrote for dressage judges, parked cars, put up jumps, announced, checked tack, stewarded, added up scores, gave out numbers, prayed for good weather and generally helped everything run smoothly.
Huge congratulations to our oldest member Faye Smith who passed her B test this week, this is an enormous achievement and has involved lots of hard work and training for Faye both in riding and care of her horse.
Well done and congratulations from all in AVHPC.
*** AND NOW SHE HAS PASSED HER British Horse Society Riding & Road Safety Exam too, on her way to her BHS teaching exam next!
28th August 2015, Congratulations to Holly, Olivia, Will, Lily, Rosie, Finley and EP who all passed their Riding and Road safety tests this week too
Please support our sponsors to thank them for their donations for camp shirts and rosettes; Country Style Recycling Ltd, Barks Headcorn, Beauty by Sarah Jane Burnett, Clip Clop, Lovelace Farm Fishery and fgsagri
And another wonderful week at Senior Camp too, huge thanks to the Hill Family for letting us use their land and their pool and to all the Mums and friends who helped make it a great week.
ENGLAND won the Four Nations Pony Club polo crosse. George Parrish was captain of juniors and England juniors were also winners of their division.
Message from Pony Club Office – As the mounted area competitions start this weekend and I have been asked by a couple of confused parents recently I thought I would remind everyone of the Pony Club rules regarding earrings (and any other piercings). The rule is very simple – these are not allowed in any form, at all, at any rally, camp or competition; regardless of tapes, plasters or anything else and riders will have to remove them before riding. The rule book states:
” No jewelry is allowed for safety reasons, other than a wristwatch, a wedding ring, a stock pin worn horizontally or a tie clip. It is recommended that stock pins are removed for cross country. Members who are contemplating piercing their ears or any other part of their body should be aware that they will not be allowed to participate in any Pony Club mounted equestrian activity until such time as the “sleepers” can be safely removed. The reason for this is that sleepers have in the past caused injuries following falls.”