Twenty-one Area 5 competitors qualified to attend the National Triathlon Competition 2019, held in Milton Keynes.
Places are not easy to achieve with many travelling the length and breadth of the country to try to gain a place.
Area 5 produced some fantastic individual and team results throughout the day.
Each Area can submit three teams. The Area 5 Eagles team of Beatrice Taylor (Cheshire Hunt South), William Stone, (Flint and Denbigh), Harry Taylor (CHS) and Leah Lamb (F&D), came 8th out of the 50 teams vying for places. Well done Team Eagles!
Annabel James (East Cheshire) just missed out on a top 10 placing, coming 11th by just one point!
Beatrice Taylor (CHS) had a fabulous day coming 6th overall with a score of 3079. She has a very impressive swim of 9 lengths 15 metres in 3 minutes and a run of 1500m in 5 minutes 42 seconds.
Beatrice has been selected by Area 5 to represent Wales and Borders at the Royal Windsor Horse Show later this year. Congratulations Beatrice!
William Stone (F&D) had an absolutely superb day finishing joint 3rd with a very impressive score of 3059. He was only 66 points behind 1st place! William shot 900, ran 1500m in 5 minutes 3 seconds and swan 9 lengths 6 metres in 3 minutes. Well done William!
Leah Lamb (F&D) came 9th with a total score of 2994 in a very competitive class. Leah had a great shoot, achieving 940. Well done Leah!
Competitors who qualified for the event:
- Mini Boys – Harry Taylor (CHS), Sam Burns (EC), Max Austin (CHS)
- Mini Girls – Leah Lamb (F&D), Constance Wight (F&D), Scarlett Gilruth (WWW)
- Junior Boys – William Stone (F&D), Freddie James (EC), Nathan Cooper (F&D), Rufus Taylor (CHS, withdrew through injury), Archie Peffers (Waen-y-Llyn, could not attend)
- Junior Girls – Beatrice Taylor (CHS), Neisha Roberts (F&D), Kiera Booth (CHN), Olivia Burns (EC), Lana Booth (CHN)
- Open Boys – Toby Johnson (EC), Russell Wingfield (Aberconwy). Unfortunately, both boys were unable to attend due to work and university commitments.
- Open Girls – Annabel James (EC), Ella Booth (CHN), Orlagh Toner (F&D)
Well done to everybody from Area 5 who qualified for this event. You all performed exceptionally well, gaining lots of new Personal Bests!