Chipping and Haydock Park Branches of The Pony Club Spring Festival Arena Eventing Qualifiers
(for Area 4 Arena Eventing competition to be held in February 2021)
- Open to Pony Club Members only
- At Kelsall Hill Equestrian Centre, Organsdale Farm, Middlewich Road, Kelsall, CW6 0SR
19th December 2020 and 30 January 2021
- Class 1 70cm (members 14 and under)
- Class 2 80cm
- Class 3 90cm
- Class 4 1.0m
- 9.00am start subject to entries and daylight (earlier start may be necessary)
Entry fee: £22 per competitor per class
- Entries accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal to Mrs J Conlon, Howgill Barn, Howgill Lane, Rimington, Clitheroe, Lancs BB7 4EF
- BACS transfer to Account name: Chipping Pony Club. Sort Code: 40-52-40 Account no: 00028604
Cheques payable to Chipping Branch of The Pony Club
- Closing dates (7days prior to event). Entries may close early due to limited light & capacity
- No late entries
- Should the event have to be cancelled a full refund will be issued.
- Should a competitor have to withdraw before the entry closing date a full refund will be issued. However if a competitor has to withdraw after the closing date we will be unable to give a refund
- Times will be on Haydock Park / Chipping / Area 4 websites 2 days prior to the event
- Ages as at January 1st 2020
- Individual rosettes to 6th place in all classes (posted to branch DCs)
- The cross country fenced will be solid and weighed down but not fixed to the ground
- All riders do the whole course in a single round. The course may end with a single show jump.
- All Classes to be run under Pony Club Arena Eventing Rules 2020 in accordance with The Pony Club AE Rules 2020.
- Dec 17th. 6.30 – 8pm AH. Feeding.
- Dec 21st. AH mop up. Byfleet KT14 7RR
- Coming – Assessor Training for D/D+ and C/C+ Training
Contact Meg for all the above – email@example.com
… to the two teams who represented Area 5 at the National Quiz Final held online last week. The teams were from Sir Watkyn Williams Wynn Branch and Gorswen Centre in Anglesey. There were 23 teams altogether. The Sir WWW team came 4th and Gorswen were 7th. What an amazing result and thank you for doing such a good job ! Full results can be seen on the following link –
Apparently, it was a very long night finishing with a pizza ! The teams were –
WWW (left in photo) – Pip Young, Kate Rutherford, Lucy Fox and Scarlett Gilruth. Three of this team have attended Area 5 online training so perhaps that helped a little. The Gorswen team (right in photo) was Lauren, Branwen, Niamh and Skye pictured round the table on the night.
Henry Church Huxley who has been co-opted onto the Training Committee at HQ. Henry is 21 years old and has been a member of Burton Cheshire Forest Branch since 2008. He is one of a very few members who have passed the AH (Care) Test with Distinction in 2018 and then the Pony Club ‘A’ Test (Riding) with Distinction in 2020. An outstanding achievement.
Henry has competed at the PC Championships in Eventing and Showjumping.
He is in his 3rd year studying Veterinary Physiotherapy at Harper Adams University and is currently on a placement year working in a dressage and rehabilitation yard in Buckinghamshire.
Henry also passed his BHS Stage 3 Coach in Complete Horsemanship in 2019. He is a B Test Probationer and a popular PC Coach.
We are very proud of you Henry – you will be a voice for the members and will be a huge asset to the Committee.
and to :-
Orla McEvoy – who has just passed her AH test having travelled all the way to Fife ! Well done Orla. She is now starting to work towards her A test maybe next year. Orla is 18 and is also a member of the B urton Cheshire Forest Branch.
Orla says she is grateful to Sarah Dobell for helping her pass her AH test.
AREA 5 DATES 2020/21
Latest additions in red
Please note – attendance at any of the following activities depends on the Covid restrictions at the time of the event.
- Oct 17th Spring Festival Dressage – East Cheshire -Somerford
- Oct 17th Arena Event Qualifier – Cheshire Hunt South – Kelsall Hill
- CANCELLED DUE TO COVID –
Oct 24th Spring Festival Dressage -Flint and Denbigh – Maelor
- Oct 30th Tetrathlon XC Training – R Carruthers – Delamere
- Nov 1st Triathlonline – Area5Tetrathlon@outlook.com
- Nov 15th WLSJ – Berwyn on Dee/Tanatside – Southview
- Nov 22nd Spring Festival Dressage Qualifier – Tanatside
- Nov 28th Spring Festival Dressage Qualifier – Somerford.
- Dec 5/6 ? WLSJ – Burton Cheshire Forest/Cheshire Hunt North
- Jan 10th Spring Festival Dressage Qualifier – Anglesey
- Jan 17th WLSJ – Cheshire Hunt S – Southview
- Jan 24th Triathlon -Mold – Area 5 Tet Committee
- Jan 30th Spring Festival Qualifier Dressage – ECh – Somerford
- Feb 7th Dressage Qualifier – BChF – Northop
- Feb 14th WLSJ – WWW/WYL
- Feb 20th Arena Event Qualifier – ECh – Kelsall
- Feb 28th. Triathlon. Mold. Area 5 Tet Comm
- March 6th Area 5 Quiz – CHN
- March 7th. Spring Festival Dressage Final – BChF
- March 13th Area 5 Winter League Show Jumping Final – Kelsall
- March 14th Triathlon – Mold
- March 21st National Winter Triathlon Championships
- April 9/10/11th Spring Festival Final
- May 9th Area Mounted Games – East Cheshire – TBC
- May 12/15th Windsor Horse Show
- June 4/6th International Tetrathlon – Moreton Morrell
- June 26/27th Area 5 Tetrathlon Qualifier – Mostyn
- Aug 7/8th Tetrathlon Senior International
- Aug 13/14/15th Tetrathlon Championships