Centres Do Well on the day
A very successful Horse and Pony Care Competition was held at Pennant Park Centre September 5th hosted by Aberconwy Branch. Thank you to John Gilbert and his team for organising the day. It is a practical competition as much as a Quiz and the teams of 3 move round different “stations” which each have a particular topic. There are now three classes – Mini, Junior and Senior and the winner of each class go forward to the Final in Lutterworth, October 23/24th.
There were 2 Centres – Springbank (Tushingham) and Gorswen (Anglesey) and six Branches who took part (East Cheshire, Flint and Denbigh, Cheshire Hunt North, Anglesey, Aberconwy and Wynnstay). Well done to them for supporting this worthwhile competition.
- Mini Class – There were 10 teams entered. The highest placed branch was East Cheshire but the overall winner was Springbank Centre who was entering for the very first time. They were absolutely delighted to have done so well.
- Junior Class – 10 teams again. The winning team was Anglesey who will go forward but the 2nd placed team – Cheshire Hunt North has had an invitation too.
- Senior Class – just two teams (Wynnstay Branch and Gorswen Centre) and the result was very close, just a few points between them but the winning team was Gorswen.
Gorswen, a relatively small Centre on Anglesey, deserves a special mention as they put forward SIX teams on the day and had obviously done a great deal of preparation.
GOOD LUCK to all teams going forward to the Championship.
Please don’t forget about the Area 5 Horse and Pony Care Team comp on the 5th September. Please get your entries in by the 30th August.
If you need any more info or details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Area 5 Representative
Aberconwy Branch are proud to be hosting this years Area 5….
The Blue Cross Horse and Pony Care Competition 2021
CALLING ALL BRANCHES AND CENTRES OF AREA 5
THE BLUE CROSS HORSE AND PONY COMPETITION & MINI HORSE AND PONY COMPETITION
- Mixed teams accepted and can qualify.
- Members from different branches and centres can now be combined to qualify for the championships
- Three members of 14-25 years
- One member must be 16 and under
- Questions Up to B Test
- Three Team Members
- 13 yrs and under with one member to be 11 yrs and under
- Questions based on D-C+
- Three Team Members
- 10 years and under with one member 8years and under
- Questions from E,D & D+ Tests
£45 per team.
Please see Area5 website for entry forms
SUNDAY 5th September 2021
- Pennant Park Riding Centre
- Llwyn Ifor Lane,
- Nr. Holywell
- CH8 9ER
Gorswen Centre, Holyhead on Anglesey won the Area 5 Quiz qualifier (they beat the Branches too !) and went forward to the National Quiz Final held April 24th. The team was Niamh, Lauren Hodgson, Skye and Lili.
After the first round they were lying first, then slipped to 8th! They almost lost hope as they didn’t think they would come back from that but then the team achieved full marks in their Pairs sections which pulled them up. The team was delighted to do so well in such a high class competition. They came 3rd — only being 3.5 points behind the winners.
The Centre is to be congratulated on this result and well done to Ruth Owen (BHS reg) who runs the Centre and to Lauren Hodgson (Captain) for training the Team. The Centre has 21 members.
Full Results can be found on www.ponyclubresults.co.uk
… to the two teams who represented Area 5 at the National Quiz Final held online last week. The teams were from Sir Watkyn Williams Wynn Branch and Gorswen Centre in Anglesey. There were 23 teams altogether. The Sir WWW team came 4th and Gorswen were 7th. What an amazing result and thank you for doing such a good job ! Full results can be seen on the following link –
Apparently, it was a very long night finishing with a pizza ! The teams were –
WWW (left in photo) – Pip Young, Kate Rutherford, Lucy Fox and Scarlett Gilruth. Three of this team have attended Area 5 online training so perhaps that helped a little. The Gorswen team (right in photo) was Lauren, Branwen, Niamh and Skye pictured round the table on the night.